I began operating a small home-based business out of financial necessity. So I know how you feel. Even though I have a background in corporate management, I found it hard to make ends meet, like many of you. So I searched for a solution. In the process, I realized that the average worker slaves 40 hours a week for 40 years, only to retire on 40 percent of their income. I decided that I had to do something different to improve my situation.
I started working part time in a home-based business opportunity while keeping my full-time job. By investing about 8 hours of my time each week, I was soon able to replace my full-time income. But I discovered that the home-based business industry can be tricky. Many of businesses promote their opportunity through hype and incredible stories of wealth which seem too good to be true. But the key is to do your due diligence prior to getting involved in any home-based business opportunity.
Ask the Important Questions
Before you can determine which business enterprises are the best, you must get answers to important questions, such as:
#1 Who is behind the company?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have the financial backing?
- Do they offer training?
#2 Who is the management?
- What experience have they had in the industry?
- Has any of the management team actually had a successful home-based business?
#3 What is the product?
- Are there clinical studies behind the products?
- Is it a product people “need” and want?
#4 What do people think about the product?
- What are others saying about this product?
- Do people typically see or feel results quickly?
#5 Is the product affordable?
- Can the average person afford this product?
- Does the company offer a money-back guarantee?
#6 Who is my sponsor?
- What experience does my sponsor have?
- Are they serious about the business?
- Will they give you the support needed for success?
#7 Do I have to be a salesperson?
- Is this a product that will sell itself?
- Does the company offer a system that will do the explaining for you?
* If you select the right opportunity and product, you don’t have to be a salesperson or be in the convincing business at all. It should be as easy as sharing a great restaurant or a great movie.*
#8 Is the compensation plan clear?
- Did the person who invited you to join, explain how you get paid?
Which Home-Based Business Opportunities to Avoid ?
As you navigate your way through the home-based business arena, you need to know which opportunities to avoid. The Internet has a plethora of web sites with negative messages about home-based businesses, but don’t believe everything you read online. Granted, some of these sites are legitimate and offer valid and useful information, but you should carefully consider the source. Better yet, conduct your own research about any home-based business opportunities you are considering.
So which home-based businesses should you steer clear of ?
The ones to avoid are the money games, companies with “me-too” products, and those that have a high recruitment rate or require you to make a substantial product purchase to join. I have done the due diligence and have found several different companies which are incredible. They can also work for you—if you’re willing to take a leap of faith. They all offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee. But I suggest you choose only ONE opportunity. You will need to focus all your efforts on becoming successful and the only way to do that is to ride one horse at a time.
" Remember if you are punching a time clock the only person making money with a time clock is the person who owns it. If you’re not building your dreams you are building someone else's "